My Photo
Name:
Location: Somersworth, New Hampshire, United States

I am a veteran who took seriously his oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Boston's crime problem is Boston's fault.

Recently, officials in Boston have tried to blame their violent crime problem on the freedom that we have in New Hampshire. Crime is so bad in Boston because most law abiding citizens are not allowed to defend themselves with a firearm and criminals have little to fear. Also violent criminals who are convicted in Massachusetts usually get off with a light sentence, while otherwise law abiding citizens who are caught with an unregistered firearm are often treated worse than real criminals. I was once able to keep from being a victim because I was armed, and the person who broke into my house in the middle of the night took off running when he realized that I was armed. Rev. Bruce Wall should be focusing on reaching the lost and preaching the Word, not grandstanding in front of the media and trying to influence New Hampshire politics. The problem in Boston is sin, not guns. It sounds like these misguided people are trying to outlaw private transfers of firearms in New Hampshire. I own an assortment of firearms, and would like to eventually trade one or two of them, but you rarely ever get a good trade at a gun shop. A dealer will usually offer about $400 for a rifle that you would pay $1000 for at a gun shop, whereas a private trade or sale will usually get both the seller and buyer a better deal. If Massachusetts repealed most of their gun laws and allowed law abiding people to carry firearms without restrictions, the crime problem there would be reduced significantly. I moved away from Massachusetts because of the ever increasing firearms regulations. My FID card, which was supposed to be good for life or until revoked, was made useless because of a change in state law. After I joined the army, I was told that I could not get my pistol permit renewed, even though I was still paying MA taxes, because I was not living in the state at the time, but was deployed overseas. Restricting my ability to lawfully possess a firearm in MA will not reduce crime in MA. Criminals are attracted to areas where victims are disarmed by the government, because it makes it safer for them to commit their crimes. If Boston officials are looking for the cause of higher crime rates in Boston, they should look at themselves, and not try to place blame on the freedom of another state. They keep placing more restrictions on law abiding citizens, and criminals get more and more brazen. They don't make the connection, and seem to think that if they keep doing the same thing (placing more restrictions on law abiding citizens), they will get different results (criminals deciding not to break the law). Isn't that the definition of stupidity?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

a human right